Wednesday, October 20, 2010

John Bramblitt

I always make sure to write down my user name and password.. But the index card disapeared.. I remember some things in the blog I already started so I'm just going to repost it on here and go from there. AH! I hate passwords/email combonations.

JOHN BRAMBLITT




Last class I talked about John Bramblitt, so I'll start my first blog talking about him. John Bramblitt was a college student at the UV of texas when he had an epileptic seizure which caused him to go blind. I really admire John Bramblitt because of his drive and his ability to paint amazingly. You wouldnt even know he was blind when looking at his work because the colors/value and proportion are both on key. I know hes not a digital artist, but his art is made up of seprate feilds of colors with limited variations. Because of this, they have a digital characteristic and have the appearence of being created on a computer, on a program like paint or photoshop. The texture of his paint is what makes you know its acrylic, and not just made up of light. Either way John Bramblitt is awesome. http://bramblitt.net/

1 comment:

  1. Bramblitt's paintings are generally in traditional artist's oils, not acrylics.

    ReplyDelete